Member – Board Executive Committee
Appointed to the Board in 2012
Ms. Al Midfa is Founder of Khayarat, a social enterprise that enables young Emiratis to make informed career choices and achieve success in the private sector.
In her previous role, as Senior Manager at the Khalifa Fund for Enterprise Development, Ms. Al Midfa led a team of business counselors through the due diligence process: counseling entrepreneurs, evaluating business plans, and selecting ventures for financing. She also designed and led several youth-related initiatives, such as Khalifa Funds Young Entrepreneurs Series.
Prior to joining Khalifa Fund, Ms. Al Midfa was a senior associate at McKinsey and Company‘s New York office, where she worked on a range of strategy-related projects, primarily serving clients across the financial institutions sector. Her previous work experience also includes roles within PricewaterhouseCoopers and Shell.
Ms. Al Midfa holds a BSc (Hons) from the University of Bath in the UK, and an MBA from Stanford University.
External Board Appointments:
- Board Member – Sharjah Business Women Council
- Board Member – Young Arab Leaders (UAE Chapter)
Other External Appointments:
- Founding Member – The Women’s Corporate Directors (GCC Chapter)
- Fellow – The Aspen Institute’s Middle East Leadership Initiative
- Member – The Aspen Institute’s Global Leadership Network